Giving Tuesday is a global day of giving back on November 30, 2021. People around the world come together to celebrate generosity and make an impact.
Friends of the Santa Clara River invites you to help your local environment by funding our activities.
What We Do:
- Restore the River at Hedrick Ranch Nature Area and maintain the 250 acre site
- Host Volunteer Days at the Sespe Cienega Ethnobotany Trail located at the Fillmore Fish Hatchery
- Hold an Annual FSCR 5K River Run and Trout Trot on trails in the river
- Lead River Field Trips for 1000s of school kids
- Host Water Talks to promote water equity in disadvantaged communities
- Advocate for the River as we fight to stop new development from impacting the river in Los Angeles and Ventura Counties
- Free the Streams to ensure fish passage by removing barriers to migration
- Lead River Clean-ups throughout the year
- Hold Educational Hikes, Walks, and Bike Rides in the watershed
- Provide River Education Materials via articles, videos, and social media posts
- Show Educational Exhibits at community events
Your generous donation will help us maintain our efforts and grow our programs.